And the training begins....

February 1st was a big big big day. I started a new job (the coolest job EVER!).  My husband and I put a contract on a home and it was accepted (our dream home I might add!) and I STARTED IRONMAN TRAINING!!!!!

Technically I started Sunday January 31st. My awesome guru coach Diane gave me my training plan and I had a bike ride in there that was optional- so I went ahead and hopped on the trainer and did my ride. It felt great.. I had the usual soreness, shoulder and neck and "other stuff" but it felt great! But boy can i tell how out of "bike shape" I am.

Due to some crazy unexpected weather here in VA Beach, I wasn't able to get to an open Rec Center to  get my Monday swim in, so Ill be doing it this weekend.

Tonight- I did a Fartlek. Shuga say what?? Yes- I said Fartlek, for all you none runners reading this, it's isn't as gross as it sounds. It is basically a running workout were the intensity varies. Due to the snow, I hit up the YMCA and it went by pretty fast actually. For example, I ran a 1 mile warm up followed by 5 minutes hard and then 4 minutes easy, then 4 minutes hard, 3 minutes easy.. and so on... I watched the Wendy Williams show which is about the WORST TV ever, but it kept me entertained. Anyway- it felt great!

So... what about the makeup? This week I am going to test my personal favorites of long lasting products. I have used Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation for a while now,  but never really paid attention in a test such as this.

So- here is what I'm looking for:

1. Coverage, heavy, light, does it cover blemishes, dark circles etc?
2. Application, how does it apply? What's the container like? Does it dry quickly, too quickly?
3. And of course, does it make it through the workday? A Run? A Swim? A Bike ride? If it come off, how does it come off, evenly in patches, where glasses or goggles rub? Does it crease or get crusty? And how much of it is left? Am I even close to presentable when I'm done?

I will giving each item a full week of testing to see how it does and get an overall feel for its performance.

I won't be making any changes through out this experiment to my face creams or any other makeup other than what I'm testing in an effort to eliminate any variables.

So, let the games begin! Please post suggestion, comments and ideas!

And lastly- for all of you interested in what this kinda training can do for your body. I have weighed and measured myself and will post by percent what kind of changes I made.

                                                Live, Swim, Bike and Run Pretty!!!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top IRONPRETTY. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.