Estee Lauder Double Wear- how did it stack up?

I think that Estee Lauder did a great a job on this foundation, however, it did have some problems. First off, this stuff does have GREAT staying power. And I’m guessing this is because it is THICK. It applies pretty well, but it is a heavier foundation and you do need to blend it relatively quickly so it doesn’t dry in smears. The container is the old school glass bottle, which as I mentioned before I just hate. It’s much messier and you have less control of how much you get on your finger. It did give me great coverage, although while wearing this foundation, I do feel slightly more “made up” than with other foundations, probably due to it being a thicker formula. I had no big issues throughout the day, although I felt like I got more T-zone shininess using this product. It made it through swims, bike rides and runs, but I did have some cakiness in the chin area as well as anywhere I used it as cover up on occasion. This happened particularly after hard (sweaty) runs and swims..
But, it did in fact last, although not as nicely as I would have hoped. Estee Lauder does make a “Light Double Wear Foundation” that I am going to try next. It wasn’t part of test originally, but I feel it would only be fair to Estee Lauder to see if the lighter version can stay cake free.

Swim, Bike, Run and Live Pretty!

1 comments:

BrandyDutra said...
February 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I hate trying to find the right beauty products for my skin type and tone...it sucks sometimes!! HA!

Back to Home Back to Top IRONPRETTY. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.