My First Test Foundation-Merle Norman's Luxiva Long Lasting Foundation

WOW. There is a reason I have worn this foundation for so long. IT ROCKS! I always liked it, but I never paid attention to its performance under specific conditions, like a full day of work, a hard run at lunchtime and swim in the evening.


Let's recap what I'm looking for:


1. Coverage, heavy, light, does it cover blemishes, dark circles etc?
2. Application, how does it apply? What's the container like? Does it dry quickly, too quickly?
3. And of course, does it make it through the workday? A Run? A Swim? A Bike ride? If it come off, how does it come off, evenly in patches, where glasses or goggles rub? Does it crease or get crusty? And how much of it is left? Am I even close to presentable when I'm done?



This baby has great coverage, and although its mat, it glides on smoothly and seamlessly. It has wonderful "concealer like"  coverage (I used it on some scars I have). It does dry quickly but not too quickly, plenty of time to smooth it evenly all over your face, dot it on blemishes and have time to go back and blend them. I do use some nice concealers, but this worked well as cover up.  I like that it matches up nicely with my skin. It comes in a nice tube so it wasn't messy to use.


Now, did it stay all day? IT DID! And it stayed nicely I might add, even after my swim, it did a great job of still maintaining my blush in place. It did fade a little but it faded evenly enough that it didn't look funny. It didn't smear, cake, crease or crust. On my runs, it didn't budge, in fact it stayed pretty gorgeous throughout the run and even hours after it was over. It didn't give me greasy spots or stick in any dry ones. It didn't coagulate in any of my "wrinkles" either, which is a bonus. So- outside of the goggle marks, I looked pretty good after an entire day of work, a lunchtime run and an afterwork swim. Merle Norman's Luxiva Long Lasting Foundation is a winner!







0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top IRONPRETTY. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.