Compression Socks

OK, so I was never into the knee highs in high school and now that I see compression socks have caught on and knee highs are EVERYWHERE.

FASHION NIGHTMARE I say.. but then again, when does comfort and recovery trump looking good? I know this has huge variations and most people would say everytime. But, I'm not most people. :-) But miracles do happen...I learned to swim, heck, some of my friends remember when I didn't own tennis shoes. There was even a time in my life that if any siginficant other wore sneakers or tennis shoes at anytime other than to work out that it was a total deal breaker. You laugh, but it's true.

In 2008 my husband raced the Ironman Championships in Kona Hawaii. And lets just say if you weren't wearing them you looked odd. Athletes wear them to recover and to race.. but are both appropriate?

My pal Ryan (http://www.paceofconrad.com/) says they rule. What do you think???

2 comments:

Megan Natter said...
June 22, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Well my dear friend Jacelyn, I have severe calf issues from a lifetime of flat feet due to a nasty case of plantar fascitis from college soccer. The local running store rec compression socks and I definitely like them. I did notice that during my training for the marathon, my calf issues started to go away and become less noticable. On the 'Iron Pretty' side of things, I feel like an idiot when I wear them and I'm scared to wash them in case they lose their compression, so I'm pretty sure they are ugly and also smell now!!

Cameron Allison said...
June 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I haven't seen these yet, however maybe they are hidden under high soccer socks and shin guards. Personally, I have been known to be too lazy to take off my soccer socks after a game/practice and I proudly sport my soccer socks in any restaurant for post game grub ;)

Back to Home Back to Top IRONPRETTY. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.