IronPretty, IronWusie, IRONBUSY!!!

I feel like all of those things in the last few weeks! I not only started a new job I want to focus on, I am also building a home and as you all know, training for an Ironman. I was sick recently as well.. that's where the ironwusie comes in. I wanted to die for about a week. I did nothing for about 5 days, and then when I started working out again, my runs and bike rides were so awful, I seriously wondered how I will finish an Ironman when my legs just won't GO! When my chest hurts because I can't catch my breath. When all I want to do is curl up and nurse my ear infection and strep throat. Yes, that's what I had. The strep- although not too common, I can handle, but the ear infection.. what is that even about? What am I six years old? It sucked... but I got through it. The bad part is, the 10 days after that were so discouraging because I still wasn't quite right. Needless to say, I was feeling like a great big wuss. Couple that with being insanely busy trying to be good at my job and keeping my house clean so someone will BUY it.

It brings up the question.. how do we do it? How does anyone training for an Ironman manage their time, their kids, husbands, jobs and life? What has to give for us to get in the 4 hours of swimming, 4+ hours of biking and 4+ hours of running in? Is it keeping the house less clean? Do we ignore our husbands for 6 months? Is your social life non existent? So I ask you, what do you give up to train?

And that poses another question...WHY????

For me, becoming an Ironman is something I want because as a girly girl that grew up doing ballet, cheerleading and dance team I never considered myself very athletic. But to me, an Ironman proves that if you prepare appropriately, and work hard, and are dedicated to a goal, you can do ANYTHING.


Swim, Bike, Run, and Live Pretty!!

1 comments:

bmccune said...
March 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I think we give up a lot of wasted time. Could you imagine coming home at 6:00 at night with nothing to do but cook dinner and read the newspaper? What if you could sleep until 7:00 every morning? We give up a good 15 hours/week in workout time. During a "rest" week when we aren't training as much, it feels like we had daylight savings time all over again!

If I didn't do this sport, I think I'd spend a lot more time on Facebook(wasting time) and a lot more time sitting around in front of the TV.

I'm so happy that I have a wife that does this as well because it would be tough to convince any other significant other that I wasn't CRAZY!

Back to Home Back to Top IRONPRETTY. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.